Tuesday 10 November 2015

A peek into my world and my new Minted store

Lately, I had fun choosing pictures for the "About me" section of my new Minted store. As the pictures give you a nice peek into my world I thought I'd share them here on the blog as well.  


First up, my go-to-medium, watercolour, and a floral painting in progress. I get a lot of inspiration from our rooftop garden, so it sure had to be included.



Ok, now let's go inside :-) Here's my studio! And another work in progress picture (preparing a monoprinting session).



Me sketching outside … love doing this! Our local Lahn river valley and the lake provide a lot of beautiful scenery for inspiration.



Some more work in progress shoots, again from monoprinting.




I fiddled way too long with the store's header picture … until I finally settled on another watercolour painting scene. For now, most of my wallart prints offered on Minted are watercolours, so I think this fits quite well. Here's a screenshot of my header and store. Come have a look inside! I hope you like it! More prints will be added soon!

P.s.: I am still shaking my head about all this … when I stumbled into my first Minted competition in the summer I didn't even know that I could win myself a store! I just thought it'll be nice to do something different – it was a competition for photography … and then I was totally taken by surprise when I won my first editor's pick and got included into the Minted wallart collection. A few competitions later I have 8 awards under my belt and Minted is just selling my first prints, yay!

8 comments: